Saturday 19 April 2014

Nigerian women: From Rwanda with love (1)

I couldn't put this better than this concerned Rwandan woman who had been in the centre of hell and missed death by the skin of her teeth. What I would only like to say is that everyone - men, women and youths should get involved in efforts to forestall this impending catastrophe in Nigeria. A stitch in time they say, saves nine. 

Read yourself and get involved. God bless Nigeria!

Dear Nigerian women,

I would like to start this letter by saying congratulations to the people of Nigeria on the country’s recent celebration of its 100th anniversary as a nation.

In Rwanda, we are also planning and holding many activities for the 20th anniversary of the genocide of almost a million Rwandans. The Rwandan genocide was 100 days plus of killings of fellow citizens. It started in April 1994 and did not end until sometime in July 1994. I am actively involved in the activities of the 20th anniversary of the massacres. And I guess that is why I got up in the early hours of this morning in cold sweat! I woke up sweating, panting and breathless. My heart was beating so fast! My pillow was soaked with sweat. I quickly turned on the lights and was relieved to find myself in my bedroom and not outside on a street full of dead bodies. I had had yet another nightmare which has become a frequent occurrence in my life! Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment